We recently moved our readers to a new system. You may need to reset your password here to login.
Not a member ? Join here for free.
Forgot your password?
Home Uncategorized Terry Moran
Text size :
Terence Francis Moran AC (born 19 October 1947 in Melbourne, Victoria) was, as Secretary of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, Australia’s most senior public servant, from 2008 to 2011. He is currently:
• Chair, Barangaroo Delivery Authority in NSW
• Senior Adviser, Boston Consulting Group
• Senior Adviser, Maddocks Lawyers
• National President and National Fellow, Institute of Public Administration Australia
• Chair, Cranlana Program
• Vice-Chancellor’s Professorial Fellow, Monash University
• Chair, Melbourne Theatre Company
• Chair, Editorial Advisory Board for “The Mandarin”
• Director, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
• CEDA Board of Governors
• Director, Hornery Institute
Moran was educated at Parade College, East Melbourne and received a BA (Hons) from La Trobe University.
He spent his early career as a public servant in the Australian (Commonwealth) and Victorian Public Services. Moran’s first position as a public sector CEO was as Chief Executive of the Office of the State Training Board in Victoria from late 1987 until May 1993. In May 1993 he was appointed as the first Chief Executive Officer of the Australian National Training Authority in Brisbane. In August 1998 he became Queensland’s Director-General of Education.
Receive unlimited access, get all the latest public sector news and features, plus The Juice, our daily news update sent direct to your inbox.
The Mandarin is where Australia's public sector leaders discuss their work and the issues faced within modern bureaucracy. Join today to discover the latest in public administration thinking and news from our dedicated reporters, current and former agency heads and senior executives.
The Mandarin staff journalists.
Read Related Content
IPAA New South Wales and people management expert Sandra Wood are hosting the next in their Great Managers webinar series on Thursday.