Former Queensland DPC head John Bradley will be the new boss at Victoria's Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning.
We recently moved our readers to a new system. You may need to reset your password here to login.
Not a member ? Join here for free.
Forgot your password?
Home News Duncan Young: Census is ‘on track’
Text size :
DEPARTMENTSAustralian Bureau of Statistics
TAGS Australian Bureau of Statistics, Duncan Young, 2016 Census
Whilst the online form was unavailable, the important undertaking of a Census has continued, says the program head.
Over the past two days our field staff have been collecting information from hotels, hospitals, aged care facilities, and undertaking interviews of people sleeping rough.
More than 100 mobile teams have been visiting remote Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, assisting each household to complete their Census forms. A number of communities have already completed the Census.
As previously reported, more than 2.3 million online Census forms had already been completed and submitted before we took the system offline. A further 65,000 forms have already been completed this afternoon.
A number of people were partway through their Census form when the system was taken offline on Tuesday night. The form saves progress regularly … so people can resume their forms using their Census logon number and the password that was provided when they started their form.
Receive unlimited access, get all the latest public sector news and features, plus The Juice, our daily news update sent direct to your inbox.
The Mandarin is where Australia's public sector leaders discuss their work and the issues faced within modern bureaucracy. Join today to discover the latest in public administration thinking and news from our dedicated reporters, current and former agency heads and senior executives.
Read Related Content
Public debate about the Census made it a bigger target for cyber attacks and mischief, which all government sites are to begin with. But that's to be expected and no reason to stop the discussion, says the PM's cybersecurity adviser.