Is govCMS one of the most innovative things to come out of the Australian Public Service in the last year? What about the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s InnovationXchange, or perhaps one of ten other APS initiatives that made the finals of the Public Sector Innovation Awards?
There are four categories for innovative solutions to old challenges, radical cutting-edge projects, the cultural side of innovation, and digital transformation.
The innovation finalists list
- Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission – Charity Portal
- Department of Defence – REDWING Project
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade – The establishment and operation of the innovationXchange
- Geoscience Australia – Mineral Potential Mapper
- Department of Finance – govCMS
- Tourism Australia – The World’s Biggest Social Media Team
- Australian Taxation Office – Small Business Fix-It Squads
- Department of Defence – PyroFilm
- IP Australia – Patent Analytics Hub
- Australian Financial Security Authority – Quick Motor Vehicle Search
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet – Changing Recruitment in PM&C
- Australian Taxation Office – Cloud software authentication and authorisation
The awards are jointly hosted by the Public Sector Innovation Network and the Institute for Public Administration (ACT Branch), which produced the video above.