How are public sector leaders making service delivery fit for the future? In what ways is the public sector embracing the skills and aspirations of a diverse, intergenerational workforce? How can public servants translate innovation into practical, everyday processes? These and other topical questions will be explored at the Public Sector Forum on 20 and 21 June 2017 in Sydney.
Following an excellent debut in 2016, the Public Sector Forum will return in 2017 for two days of in-depth exploration of the challenges and opportunities shaping Australia’s public sector.
Uniting the nation’s most experienced and distinguished public servants, this event provides ample networking opportunities and outstanding insights from local and international speakers.
The 2nd annual Public Sector Forum will take place at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour, Sydney, on 20 and 21 June 2017, with the theme of “Leadership in Action”. More than 30 public sector leaders from across Australia and around the globe will share their expertise with the nation’s senior public servants.
Some of the highlights expected for the 2017 event include:
- The Hon. John Lloyd PSM, Australian Public Service Commissioner, will share his guiding principles for serving the public and his vision for keeping the public service responsive, resilient and attuned to the needs of the nation.
- Margus Sarapuu, Head of Zero-Bureaucracy, Republic of Estonia, will examine strategies to improve teamwork, efficiency and unity based on his experience leading a zero-bureaucracy taskforce in a government admired for its advanced digital services.
- Benjamin P. Taylor, chief Executive, Public Service Transformation Academy (UK), will reveal how he and his team are partnering with public sector organisations to promote better outcomes across agile and lean service transformation, social value, collaborative leadership and other crucial enablers of public sector transformation.
- The Hon. Victor Dominello MP, Minister for Finance, Services and Property will uncover the how and why of embedding innovation into the heart of government.(TBC)
- Deputy Commissioner Catherine Burn, NSW Police Force will uncover fresh insights on leadership and how to foster diverse, motivated and productive public sector leaders.
Other speakers confirmed for the event include Sandy Pitcher, CEO, Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources; Judi Childs, Head of Public Sector Management, Workforce Capability and Governance and Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate – ACT Government; Colin Fairweather, Chief Information Officer, City of Melbourne; Jeremy Moon, Director, NSW Data Analytics Centre; Michael Vanderheide, Chief Executive, CenITex; and Richard Mackey, Director of Strategic Research, Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
A list of further speakers and a full programme will be released shortly on the Public Sector Forum website. For more information about the event, or to register, visit publicsectorforum.com.au or call Connect Events on (02) 8004 8590. Early bird registrations end on 5 May 2017.
Subscribers to The Mandarin receive 10% off early bird registration or 10% off standard registration – use the code MA10.
For enquiries about sponsoring the Public Sector Forum, contact Tim Lockwood on (02) 8004 3172.