Governments are increasingly focused on being customer-centric and outcomes-based. As a result, they are starting to move towards outcomes-based approaches.
An outcomes-based approach allows departments and specific program areas to organise and communicate priorities to achieve what matters and makes a difference rather than just going through the motions.
Importantly, it takes the focus off measuring what’s been done and puts it onto measuring what’s been achieved. But it isn’t easy; it requires a supportive culture and a very specific skill set.
The Migrating Towards Outcomes-Based Approaches conference will provide you with the knowledge and information you need to take an outcomes-based approach.
Frank and fearless: experts spill the beans
Engage directly with leading proponents at the forefront of Outcomes-Based Approaches from state, federal and overseas government agencies.
- Glenn King, Deputy Secretary, Premier’s Implementation Unit, Department of Premier & Cabinet, NSW
- Adam Luecking, chief executive, Clear Impact (US)
- Thea Knill, Director, Innovation, Department of Finance, Services & Innovation, NSW
- Al Morrison, Chief Executive on Assignment, State Services Commission, NZ
- Belinda Kotris, Chief Executive Officer, Tamworth Family Support Services
- Kirstan Corben, Executive Manager, Programs Group, Victorian Health Promotion Foundation – VicHealth
The conference will cover:
- How government agencies around the world are applying outcomes-based approaches
- How to build a culture that supports outcomes-based approaches
- Lessons from commissioning and deliverology
- How to apply an outcomes-based approach: establishing measurable performance expectations, identifying the right indicators, monitoring progress, using indicators to manage to outcomes
Who will attend?
Representatives of Government Departments/Agencies with responsibility for:
- Policy + Strategy
- Contract Management
- Impact Investment
Representatives of NGO’s with responsibility for:
- Outcomes Measurement
- Impact Measurement
Quote CC*MANDARIN when registering & save an additional $100 off the current price.