Design thinking, user-centred design, human-centred design, participatory design, co-design… Whatever the approach, it’s fair to say that more and more government agencies are using design to improve services and policies.
The Design for Improved Policy & Service Delivery conference will provide people working in these fields with a deeper understanding of design and how to apply it most effectively.
- Defining design: what is is, how it works & what can it be used for
- Setting up for success: governance, funding, project scope, timing
- Using to design improve services: case studies spanning Human Services, Immigration, Aboriginal Affairs and Transport
- Using design to improve policy: where it’s happening & how we can accelerate
Attend and learn strategies to:
- Increase your understanding of design
- Discover how to set up for success
- Uncover how other organisations are using design to improve service delivery
- Learn how to use design to enhance policy
- Mukul Agrawal, Chief Citizen Experience Officer, Department of Human Services
- Sam Hannah-Rankin, Director Public Sector Innovation, Department of Premier & Cabinet, VIC
- Lisa Charet, Executive District Director – Western Sydney & Nepean Blue Mountains District, Department of Family & Community Services NSW
- Chris Vanstone, Chief Innovation Officer, The Australian Centre for Social Innovation (TACSI)
- + many more!
Find out how you can use design to achieve better outcomes. For more information visit http://bit.ly/2HhPn5H or call 1300 856 904
Quote CC*MANDARIN when registering & save an additional $100 off the current price.