About this job
Represent the department in Tasmania and build key stakeholder networks to ensure high levels of business intelligence in the State.
- Join a dynamic leadership team
- Great benefits plus 15.4% superannuation
- Diverse, flexible and inclusive workplace
- Salary: $124,926 – $134,504
About the team
The Tasmania State Office of AusIndustry represents the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science in Tasmania. The Office is responsible for delivering a number of programs through the Business Grants Hubs as well as numerous ad hoc grants. It also acts as a first point of contact for customers interested in support through AusIndustry programs and services. The team is also an important source of business intelligence for the Department and develops and maintains networks of key stakeholders. The Office also supports Senior Executives and Ministers’ with logistical support and intelligence regarding activities taking place within the State.
Our ideal candidate will have
• proven ability to engage and motivate staff and develop capability and potential in others by promoting a sense of purpose and inspiring people to achieve organisational goals
• capability to contribute to the strategic direction of the organisation by influencing and working with key stakeholders including senior representatives of industry, businesses, community organisations and government
• demonstrated experience in translating organisational priorities in to an operational context including an ability to understand/manage budgets
• extensive experience in articulating complex concepts and putting forward compelling arguments and rationales to all levels and types of audiences
What you will do
• Be responsible for the management and delivery of the Regional Jobs and Investment Packages, the Smart Cities and Suburbs Program and the Regional Employment Trials Program through the Business Grant Hub as well as a number of ad hoc grants.
• Represent the department in Tasmania and build and maintain key stakeholder networks to ensure high levels of business intelligence in the State and maximise opportunities to promote the programs and services of AusIndustry.
• Be responsible for leading, managing and developing teams and individuals taking into account their capabilities, strengths and opportunities for development across multiple locations.
• Manage program and administration budgets and respond to a range of reporting requests from internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide support and intelligence to senior departmental staff and Ministers when in the State.
• Provide input to policy issues being considered by the department.
• Drive longer term strategic organisational activities to obtain optimum productivity and utilisation of all resources.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This recruitment process is being used to fill a current non-ongoing Executive Level 2 position.