About this job
You will provide strategic leadership, direction and co-ordination to the Economic Policy team and will provide executive management support to the Director General and Deputy Director-General, Policy Division in developing and coordinating strategic Economic Policy development across government.
You have the opportunity to join the Queensland public sector; in a position of trust where you will contribute to better outcomes for Queenslanders by giving effect to the policies and priorities of the elected government.
As Executive Director you will provide strategic leadership, direction and co-ordination to the Economic Policy team and will provide executive management support to the Director General and Deputy Director-General, Policy Division in developing and coordinating strategic Economic Policy development across government.
• Provide high level executive support, advice, information and guidance to the Director-General and Deputy Director-General, Policy Division, the Premier and other senior executives within the public sector on key economic policy and legislative issues impacting on government.
• Contribute to the development, decision making, strategic and collaborative management process of the Policy Division as a member of the Executive Management Group.
• Formulate strategies and initiatives that promote capacity building and evidence based policy development initiatives within the department and across government.
• Actively drive an organisational culture of good governance, commitment to excellence and a professional ethic, ensuring the Department continues to meet the Government’s priorities.
• Lead, coordinate and manage special projects and taskforces.
• Foster strong and effective relationships and negotiate extensively within the Departmental portfolio and with local, state and federal agencies and entities and with other key stakeholders to advance state policy development and coordination agendas.
• Represent the Deputy Director-General, Policy Division at internal forums, significant local, statewide and national forums, ensuring effective negotiation on key issues and the advancement of departmental priorities.
• Identify opportunities and develop strategies to promote policy development leadership across government.
• Provide strategic leadership to Policy areas demonstrating public service values and encouraging continuous improvement to support the vision of becoming the best public sector in Australia.
• Lead and develop a multi-disciplinary team, through the building of internal capability and embedding superior performance management processes.
• Inspire strategic leadership across the Economic Policy team, ensuring strategies, structures and systems are developed to meet the government’s priorities and forward policy program agenda.
All applicants are encouraged to advise the panel of any additional support or reasonable adjustments required during the recruitment process.
For further information about this opportunity or to obtain a copy of the success profile please call Jon Hottot, Davidson Executive on 0488 420 003.
Applications are to be submitted by Friday 22 November 2019 at www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au
Job ad reference: QLD/328826/19
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.