About this job
- Pivotal leadership role in Sydney’s premier paediatric care network
- Support a once in a generation investment in the new Health Precinct
- Create a world-class, multi-service health care environment
This role will be located at Westmead.
The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network (SCHN) is the largest network of hospitals and services for children in Australia, providing clinical services, research, education and advocacy at state and national levels.
The network encompasses:
- The Children’s Hospital at Westmead
- Sydney Children’s Hospital Randwick
- Kids Research
- Newborn and paediatric Emergency Transport Service
- NSW Pregnancy and Newborn Services Network
- Bear Cottage
- The Children’s Court Clinic
The new Chief Executive (CE) will lead the network into the future, positioning it to be a world-class provider of paediatric health care, in a family-focused, healing environment. The CE reports to a governing board who provide oversight and advice, while the CE is responsible for the strategic leadership, direction and management of the SCHN, within the overall vision for NSW Health. The CE is a member of the NSW Health Senior Executive Forum which brings together Chief Executives from across the health system and is chaired by the Secretary, supported by the Ministry of Health Deputy Secretaries. This group is critical in considering issues of health system-wide interest, including the NSW Health budget, development and implementation of health policy and monitoring of health system performance.
For further information, download the role description.
Applying for this Role
You are required to submit a one page covering letter, including a short statement of no more than 300 words per question in response to the two targeted questions below:
1. Describe your executive management experience and proven track record of achievement in leading a large Health Organisation operating in a complex service delivery environment. How have you driven change to improve performance and enhance culture in one of your previous organisations?
2. Describe a situation where you have needed to align multiple stakeholders to get an outcome. How did this situation educate your approach to influencing others?
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong record of achievement in management at executive level in a significant and geographically dispersed organisation delivering health, human or other complex services.
- Proven track record of effective operational management at a senior level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the health sector, in particular administration of the public health system.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
This is an ongoing, full time, Band 3, Health Service senior executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $368,733 to $414,840 per annum, with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Daniel Nicholls, Partner or Alison Myatt, Head of Research on 02 9233 1200 should you have any additional questions about the role.
Please click here to apply for the advert through the Health Career Portal (search by job reference number REQ159045).
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- The selection methods for this role are in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013 and employment arrangements for the NSW public sector.
- Applicants must respond to the two targeted questions and submit an up to date resume. For further guidance, refer to Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate their proficiency in the capabilities outlined in the Role Description. These will be assessed through the recruitment process to determine their suitability for appointment. For further information, refer to the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework.
- To be eligible for employment, you must be one of the following:
o An Australian citizen;
o A permanent resident of Australia;
o A New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport; or
o A citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia.
You can only be offered employment in this role for the duration that your current visa allows you to work in Australia; and you can only be offered ongoing employment if you have a permanent visa that allows you to work in Australia.
- Relevant standard screening checks will be undertaken following interviews e.g. National Police Check, Service Checks, Proof of ID etc.
- Click here for information on NSW Health
Applications close: 11.59pm Monday 6th April 2020