The Director Office of the Secretary (OTS) is a key senior management role responsible for providing leadership and direction to OTS. The functions of OTS include high level strategic advice on corporate governance, parliamentary and public administration matters as well as support services to the Portfolio Ministers and the Secretary. The Director OTS is responsible for Legal Services, Communication Services and the Internal Audit function.
The position will include the following key duties:
- Direct the development and implementation of strategies related to the function of the OTS.
- Provide high level strategic advice to the portfolio Ministers, the Secretary and relevant Departmental
- Executive members as required in matters relating to the Department’s corporate governance and accountability frameworks, machinery of government, the interaction between government and the public service and ministerial, Cabinet and Parliamentary workflow.
- Manage the provision of high quality legal advisory and communication services to the Department and the portfolio Ministers.
- Oversight of the administrative processes for the internal audit function.
- Coordinate effective provision of information and high-level strategic advice to the portfolio Ministers and
- Secretary, provide quality assurance measures, and manage the operation and development of appropriate strategies, processes, workflow and management information systems to support the senior executive.
- Develop corporate governance frameworks, supporting processes and systems for policy, planning, risk, committee structures and senior executive service performance management.
- Manage and provide high level advice on the Department’s Corporate Delegations and Administrative Authorities Framework.
- Provide high level management, strategic advice and support to the Secretary on diverse and complex issues and nominated projects and priorities.
- Direct the effective management of major parliamentary processes for Department including Budget
- Estimates, pre and post-election strategic and operational activities, and preparation of the Department’s Annual Report.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline which may include business, law or public policy.
- Extensive experience in the operations of government.
What can we offer?
- Attractive salary package
- Relocation and accommodation assistance
- Contemporary, well equipped work environments
- Flexible work/life balance
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
How to apply:
To apply, please provide a copy of your CV, that specially outlines your responsibilities and achievements in previous roles, with two referees and a one page summary why you are the best person for the job.
The Tasmania State Service values and encourages diversity at all levels of employment, and flexible and contemporary working arrangements are offered to support this.