- Reporting to the Commissioner
- Lead change, engage and influence
- Location: Sydney
This is an outstanding career opportunity for a talented and resilient leader to make a significant difference to the community. Building on a record of achievement as a CFO/Corporate Services Director within the government sector, you will have the opportunity to lead change, engage and influence across the Commission and with external parties, driving a customer-centric focus across a diverse portfolio.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Commissioner, the Director, Corporate Operations & CFO role is critical in enabling and ensuring the HCCC can provide the benefits and outcomes it has been established to deliver. The role leads the delivery of key enabling functions of the Commission, to ensure that it has the foundations for efficient and effective operation and to support its growth and development. This includes responsibility for:
- Consistently providing informed, insightful and invaluable advice to the Commission on budget, strategic direction and risks
- Strengthening core financial, budget and relevant financial governance capabilities across the breadth of the Commission
- Budget development, financial management and reporting
- Driving organisational change and development
- Strategic and corporate planning frameworks
- Management of the Outsourced Corporate Services contract and relationship
- Management of Human Resources and capability building functions
As the Commission’s CFO and Chief Risk Executive, the position also ensures compliance with regulatory, NSW government and professional standards and advises and reports to the Audit and Risk Committee in this context.
KEY KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience at senior level in program, project or portfolio management with a proven track record in design, implementation and maintenance of effective monitoring and reporting frameworks.
- High level skills in and a thorough knowledge and understanding of public sector budget and finance functions
- Extensive experience in organisational development and change management.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an executive team.
- The HCCC has a unique and critical part to play in maintaining the integrity of the NSW health system. As such, it is an essential requirement that all prospective employees are able to carry out their duties in an honest and consistent way, with uncompromising adherence to strong moral and ethical principles and values.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline along with professional accounting qualifications (CA/CPA/CIMA).
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be sent directly to Omera Partners at [email protected] including your resume and covering letter. For a copy of the Role Profile or any other information please email our retained consultants, Peter Goddard or Tara Nicholls at [email protected]
For more information on the Health Care Complaints Commission www.hccc.nsw.gov.au
Closing date: 19 July 2020