Australia's leading provider of vocational education and training with more than 130 campuses and over 500,000 annual enrolments, TAFE NSW’s purpose is to skill the workforce of the future. A critical component of TAFE NSW’s role is to provide vocational education in rural and regional NSW, and job training pathways for the most vulnerable in the community.
The VET landscape is changing rapidly, and significant transformation is required in TAFE NSW’s operational environment to ensure a successful vocational education strategy that supports job growth and delivers community service obligations across the state. A number of new roles have been created as part of a new leadership model and are key to building a stronger, more agile, and competitive organisation.
As part of the executive team, this is a two year contract reporting to the Managing Director. Providing authoritative advice to senior leadership and the Board, The Chief Transformation Officer will oversee and be accountable for TAFE NSW’s major transformation initiatives, articulating a clear and compelling vision, revitalising the workforce’s appetite for change and help fully realise the benefits of modernisation.
- Lead the development and monitor the execution of all major TAFE NSW transformation programs, to ensure TAFE NSW is well positioned to meet current and future customer needs; achieves financial and commercial objectives, and transitions to One TAFE in a way that maximises the benefits for all stakeholders
- Build TAFE NSW’s transformation performance framework, establish and build a capable and engaged Transformation group and lead it in its role as a central point of coordination for TAFE NSW’s major transformation programs,
- Manage the interests, expectations and sometimes conflicting priorities of a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including TAFE leadership, staff, customers, industry, the community, industrial relations and political stakeholders.
- Leadership experience with a track record of driving transformation in a large, complex and customer focused organisation
- Extensive experience in effectively engaging and influencing wide stakeholder groups and operating across the full breadth of an organisation and its functional areas and silos.
- A collaborative leader with the ability to lead teams through a time of change, generating excitement for what TAFE NSW will deliver in the future.
To apply confidentially, please register your interest with a CV and cover letter at [email protected]
Closing date: Friday 7 August, 2020. For further information contact: Carolyn Soddy 02 9006 3468