The Department of Communities is Western Australia’s major human services department delivering disability services, child protection and family support, housing, and community and regional initiatives.
Led by a progressive, committed and inspiring Director General, the Department ultimately shapes the human services system and is dedicated to delivering outcomes for the benefit of all Western Australians
There is currently one  fixed term position available for immediate filling for a period of up to 6 months with a possible extension.
This vacancy is available to Public Sector Employees only as a targeted opportunity.
About the Division
The Assets Division undertakes the effective strategic planning, development and delivery, management and maintenance of the Department’s significant asset portfolio, consisting of social and affordable housing and other service-enabling built form assets across metropolitan and regional Western Australia. The Division also manages a selection of major land and urban development projects which are intended to transfer to DevelopmentWA, following appropriate consultation, in 2021.
About the Role
Within the Assets Division, the Director Community Construction and Development is accountable for leading the directorate responsible for:
- Delivering the construction phase of major social and affordable housing, and other complex and specialised social infrastructure projects and programs to deliver optimum social outcomes for vulnerable Western Australians, while ensuring cost, time, quality, safety outcomes are met, and risks are managed.
- Managing the Department’s ongoing involvement in selected major residential developments to ensure optimal commercial, financial and social outcomes in partnership with private sector partners.
Dimensions of the Role:
- Approximately 75 staff operating under matrix structure
- $444 million housing stimulus program in delivery
- Significant program of major residential housing programs in development or under construction under various contractual arrangements.
- Several major service-enabling infrastructure projects in development or delivery, including:
- Common Ground Facilities
- Family and Domestic Violence Refuges and Expansions
- Accommodation for external government agencies
- Aboriginal short stay accommodation
The attached Job Description Form (JDF) provides more information about the position. For further information we encourage you to contact Ben Rooke, Acting Assistant Director General Assets, on 0417 915 908 or emailing [email protected].
It is a requirement of this position for applicants to consent to an integrity check and disclose any interests. Disclosure of interests are to be provided in the form found below and attached to your application.
How to Apply
Apply online by clicking the ‘Apply for Job’ button (above and below) and provide the following documents in Word or PDF format only:
- A comprehensive resume/CV;
- A one (1) page summary outlining the key responsibilities and achievements you have had during your career in the context of the JDF and work related requirements.
- Declaration of interests form
- An application form (for hard copy applications only
For technical difficulties while applying online, general recruitment enquiries, or to request any document in an alternative format, please contact Bartek Urbanowicz, Strategic Human Resource Manager, on 0432 830 129 or email [email protected] or alternatively Fiona Grey, Workforce Strategy Consultant on 0432 840 473 or email [email protected].
We can also be contacted via the National Relay Service on the following numbers:
TTY/voice calls – 133 677
Speak & Listen – 1300 555 727
SMS relay – 0423 677 767
Equity and Diversity
The Department of Communities embraces diversity and firmly believes that the best services come from a workplace, where varied viewpoints are welcomed and encouraged every day. We are committed to creating an equitable and diverse workforce, where we encourage applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, women and youth.
If you have any access needs that may require adjustments to allow you to fully participate in the application and interview process, or alternative methods of communication, please contact Bartek Urbanowicz, Strategic Human Resource Manager, on 0432 830 129 or email [email protected] or alternatively Fiona Grey, Workforce Strategy Consultant on 0432 840 473 or email [email protected]. If you are an Aboriginal person who would like assistance with your application, please contact Jobs and Skills WA on 13 64 64.
Lodgement is system generated, any submissions on or after 5:00pm will not be accepted
LATE OR EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.