We have immediate roles for those who fit the description below and have program and project management, Defence, public sector procurement, and contract management.
Do you want to make a difference? We do!
Our business is helping those with the courage to make a difference, succeed. We largely focus on the delivery of public services because that is where the most impact is to be felt. Delivered through the public and private sectors and at the intersection of the two.
We have delivered major breakthroughs for our clients: saving hundreds of millions of dollars, innovating, resolving, challenging, and turning around programs that are in disarray. Our work is national, addressing our clients most difficult and urgent challenges. We bring private sector acumen, applied appropriately, to the public sector.
This role is hard work and not for everyone. We seek those who can think and do, with the tenacity, perseverance and resilience needed to make a difference. Those with the courage and temperament to deal with the uncertain and the unexpected. Those who are comfortable being uncomfortable.
Our consultants must be comfortable working with ambiguous and poorly defined requirements, alongside challenging stakeholders. They provide leadership through influence and service, are personable and engaging, and are prepared to work at any level to get the job done. They mostly work in teams, but it might be a Kiah team, a client’s team or a hybrid. They deliver from the inside out.
The focus is on making a difference and the core to success is delivery. Delivery of the engagement, delivery of client expectations, delivery of project outcomes. Our consultants are expected to manage themselves, manage the client, manage the engagement and manage the project.
If this sounds like you, apply now. Who knows where that adventure will lead – for both of us?
The role is more about you and what you can achieve than where you have been. Typically, you will:
- be enthusiastic, to the point of being driven.
- be inquisitive and curious, no stone is left unturned because it is a stone that needs turning. You are not an academic but believe in lifelong learning. You most likely have a degree, maybe two, a masters, maybe two. Probably not three or a PhD. Most likely you will have lived overseas or travelled extensively. It will have given you the insight that other perspectives are valid.
- most likely have worked in the public and private sectors, but it’s not essential if you have the necessary understanding and insight into the two.
- pursue excellence but understand Pareto and the principle of diminishing gains.
- challenge our thinking but not our principles and ideals.
- seek a life of purpose and meaning in what you do, though you may not yet have fully understood what that means to you other than you know it is to serve something greater than yourself.
- you will be able to develop and explain complex arguments rationally and defensibly.
- be able to write concisely, clearly, logically – and quickly – Not just grammatically sound, but able to deliver a clear, structured, critical argument one day and a compelling marketing piece the next. You will be asked to show this.
- be equally comfortable making formal and informal oral presentations, presenting confidently.
- be quick of mind, intellectually agile in discussion.
- be personable.
It also helps to laugh at the MD’s jokes.
Our success comes because we are different, not the same. You will respect equally the contribution of the ordinary and the extraordinary, the intellectually agile and the purposeful practitioner, the educated and the knowledgeable accepting that they need not be the same.
You may not be a mathematician, engineer or scientist but you will be comfortable working with them. You will not be cowed by the technology but will seek to grasp the concepts if not the detail. Your strategic and agile mind will allow you to link the concepts into meaningful solutions, while having the personality that will encourage others to willingly assist you with the detail.
It is expected that you will come with some speciality: from IT and chemical engineering to public and international policy, from communications and change leadership to financial wizardry, business management to program and project management. We seek those with commercial acumen and experience and with the ability to apply it to public sector objectives.
Management consulting builds on technical mastery, but your most special attributes will be your ability to think strategically, problem solve, accept alternate perspectives and servant leadership. We look for these attributes at every level and from every member of the organisation – commensurate with the skills and experience of the individual.
It is a tough business. Standards are high, clients challenging, the work often difficult. It is also a supportive, collaborative and growth environment.
If you want to explore if you are for us, and we are for you, you do not have a moment to lose. Get in contact today.
- Ongoing positions exist, or are becoming available, primarily in Canberra.
- You may require a security clearance and therefore must be an Australian Citizen and have no impediments to achieving that clearance. You should state this explicitly in your application.
- You may be required to travel.
- You will be required to operate in a blended work environment – part home, part office and part client site.
- Very flexible work arrangements are offered, bounded only by your ability to participate and deliver effectively. These arrangements particularly suit the integrated work/life integration essential to a modern family.
- Permanent engagements are preferred but part-time, casual or contracted employment arrangements are acceptable.
- We seek consultants at all levels. Salary will be negotiated based on your experience and abilities.