- Join a leadership group transforming education in NSW, and make a difference to NSW students
- We’re looking for leaders who put our students at the centre, our people at the heart, and can champion the Education values
- Parramatta CBD
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about providing high level strategic leadership in the Department’s disciplinary decision-making process and ensuring the Department’s statutory responsibilities are carried out with the effective and timely investigations of misconduct, and management of employee performance improvement programs.
This role is a critical member of the leadership team responsible for the delivery of educational outcomes that align with the Department’s strategy and put students and young people at the centre of all our decision making.
For more details, please see the Role Description
You’re a leader who achieves outstanding results with your people and can bring our values of Service, Excellence, Equity, Accountability, Trust and Integrity into everything you do.
As a leader you will join an executive team focused on driving improved ways of working to deliver meaningful and long-lasting impact. You will be collaborative, courageous, agile and disciplined about delivering outcomes for students from early childhood to school, and through pathways to higher learning and work.
We’re building a better education system, one of the highest-performing systems in the world. If you want to make a positive difference to the lives of hundreds of thousands of students, and are excited about embarking on a reform journey, this is the opportunity for you.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as education, business, management, social sciences or communications, and/or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Holds a valid Working with Children Check (WWC) clearance
- Demonstrated extensive experience at a senior level in the management of a large complex organisation.
- Knowledge of and commitment to implementing the Department’s Aboriginal Education Policy and upholding the Department’s Partnership Agreement with the NSW AECG and to ensure quality outcomes for Aboriginal people
What’s in it for you?
Some of the great benefits on offer are:
- An attractive total remuneration package of $299,654 – $334,234
- Salary packaging options
- Flexible working options
- Fitness passport
Our purpose in Education is to equip young people to lead rewarding lives in a complex and fast-changing world. This is important because the learners of today are the foundation of a prosperous Australia tomorrow.
To support our young people to thrive, we must ensure we are one of the best education systems in the world. This means building a system focused on student outcomes, and a system that offers a great place to work.
We are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse, inclusive and reflective of the community and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background or sexual orientation.
Explore the Department of Education website for more information.
Tell us how your capabilities, knowledge and experience make you the best person for this role by applying online with:
- your cover letter (maximum of 2 pages) that addresses the essential requirements and key knowledge and experience required for the role
- your resume (maximum of 5 pages)
- details of two referees
Applications Close: 11:59pm on 23 February 2021
For further information about the role, please contact Jeremy Kurucz, Director, Office of the Chief People Officer, People Group, Department of Education, on 0448 196 286 or email [email protected]
If the selection panel identifies more than one suitable candidate for the role, a talent pool may be created from which these suitable candidates may be chosen and directly offered employment in other similar roles (ongoing or term) in the near future.
- A range of assessment techniques will be undertaken to determine candidate suitability for the role
- This is a child-related role. You will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) Clearance number as a condition of employment (if you do not already have this). For more information, visit https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check
- Relevant screening checks will be conducted. These include the Declaration for child-related work and the Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check consent form. You will also be required to provide four identity documents as listed in the National Criminal History Check Guide to Identity
- If you currently participate in a salary packaging scheme and package any item other than superannuation (for example, a novated lease motor vehicle) you are advised to seek independent financial advice