Lead world class service delivery
Drive positive cultural and organisational change
Outstanding lifestyle opportunity
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) leads an executive leadership team accountable for the day-to-day planning, implementation and continuous development of the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service (FRCS); and for driving excellence in the delivery of services to customers — travellers, traders and taxpayers. The role is equivalent to the Commissioner of Taxation and also has border force responsibility.
Reporting to the Board, key accountabilities of the CEO include:
- Strategic transformational leadership
- Implementing effective operations, systems, and digital enhancement
- Providing agile leadership to the executive team
- Exercising the highest standards of financial stewardship
- Achieving high standards in customer service delivery
- Developing national and international partnership and stakeholder relations
- Proactively managing risk and security issues
- Supporting staff health, safety, and wellbeing.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished senior executive from a relevant sector, bringing the following attributes:
- Commercial and policy acumen
- Demonstrated professional authority, credibility, and trustworthiness, with strong resilience, ethics and sound judgement
- Proven innovation with strong results-focus
- Integrity and courage in the provision of consistent and robust advice
- Superior people, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The Fiji Revenue and Customs Service (FRCS) is a statutory service established under the FRCS Act 1998. FRCS is an agent for the state for administration and enforcement of tax and customs laws in Fiji. The FRCS vision is to be a world class revenue service, delivering excellence in revenue collection, border security, trade, and travel facilitation.
The FRCS values are
- One organisation
- Valuing employees
- Results focus
- Partnership development
To apply, click on ‘Apply online’ below, quoting reference FRCceo0221 and addressing your targeted cover letter and resume to David Baber, or call David or Andrew Norton on +61 1300 347 437 for further information.