NSW Education has responsibility for lifelong education, ensuring children get the best start in life from early childhood education through to schools and beyond with vocational education. As the largest provider of public education in Australia, and one of the largest schooling systems in the world, NSW Education is responsible for delivering high-quality public education to two-thirds of the NSW student population.
The organisation has an ambitious agenda for the school system with a commitment to world class education through sustained school improvement initiatives. Key to supporting this agenda is the provision of high-level strategic leadership in human resources to enable and support high performing and engaged employees.
• Reporting to the Chief People Officer, influence sector policy and reform and drive HR activities including diversity & inclusion, talent frameworks, corporate performance and development, corporate recruitment, building a high performing workplace/culture, and establishment of corporate business partners.
• Foster a customer focused culture that proactively embraces change and innovation, continuous development and improvement through greater integration of People and Culture initiatives aligned to Department objectives.
• Build HR capability and lead the provision of support for the operational workforce, defining the reform framework for HR and business service processes, including better client services, professional development frameworks, and ease of access to and transparency of information.
• Tertiary qualified with demonstrated experience at a senior level driving significant change and building capability in the HR function in a large complex organisation
• A strategic and systemic thinker with a collaborative approach and track record of effective delivery of HR outcomes for business or government
• A seasoned leader and an excellent communicator, inspiring and developing a high performing team to perform through a period of change
• Ability to quickly establish credibility and trust, building and nurturing key relationships with a range of stakeholders across the broader organisation
To apply confidentially, please register your interest with a CV and cover letter at [email protected]
Closing date: COB Friday 16th April, 2021
For further information contact: Carolyn Soddy at Kornferry on (02) 9006 3468