As most of the digital world fixates on the pursuit of mass audiences, there’s an even more valuable commodity: quality audiences. This is Private Media territory. Our portfolio of specialist digital brands connects with truly engaged readers who depend on our journalism to understand the issues that matter in their professional and personal lives. This portfolio includes Crikey, SmartCompany and The Mandarin.
The Mandarin delivers the news and analysis the public sector reads every day. With a focus on senior public service executives there is no other news source like it. Since its inception 2014, The Mandarin has built a premier brand for public sector analysis, thought leadership and collaborative discourse on the business of government and the art of public administration.
An ideal role for someone with a couple of years experience at a publishing company, advertising agency, PR firm, lobby group or other related field. The brand partnerships executive will work closely with the Associate Publisher to grow partnerships and advertising revenue for The Mandarin. Whilst you don’t have to have experience working at a publisher in an advertising sales role, it would be an advantage, and you should have experience in some sort of sales capacity.
Key tasks will include:
- Identifying potential advertising clients (business development, new and lapsed accounts) and approaching with sales opportunities
- Attending sales meetings to present partnership opportunities
- Liaising with clients and advertising agencies to develop opportunities over email and phone, and assist in closing these opportunities
- Some creation of sales collateral (decks and insertion orders) – though design help is available
- Strong attention to detail and organisation
- Confident personal manner
- Awareness of the web and platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Some experience of video and audio production and/or sponsorship – though not essential
- Ability to work with Gsuite products (docs, slides and sheets) – though not essential
- Familiarity with Salesforce as a CRM
- Fast moving – we aren’t perfectionists, and value initiative and drive over hierarchy
- Focused on the positive contribution of the public sector and supporting industries
- Ideas based – we are a fairly nerdy team with diverse interests
- Positive – we love what we do and it’s important to us that all team members feel motivated and enjoy working here. We are looking for a great team player who can be part of our next chapter of growth.
This is an exciting time as we launch a number of new products; for the right candidate, this role will be an opportunity to learn everyday and see a real consequence to all their hard work.