- A role that provides significant opportunity to shape the capital infrastructure for the south-western Sydney region
- A skilled executive operating at a strategic level, engaging with many industry partners to deliver innovative solutions for infrastructure, engineering and asset management.
- Opportunity to work with a motivated, committed and enthusiastic team who want to make a difference in health care for the people of the south-west Sydney
This role will be located at Liverpool Hospital
The Director, Capital Works & Infrastructure provides executive leadership and management direction throughout all phases of redevelopment and commissioning for Bowral & District, Campbelltown, Liverpool and Bankstown and Lidcombe as well as the strategic leadership, planning, management and governance of the District’s capital works, engineering, biomedical engineering, fire, asset, service and strategic planning, procurement and contract functions, that are critical to the operations of the LHD.
Transforming Your Experience is SWSLHD’s key strategic to positively transform how our patients, consumers, staff and communities experience our organisation and services. Our vision is that our care is always safe, high quality and personalised, and all staff are supported as well as empowered to achieve their full potential. This strategy provides us with a clear direction for working together to deliver safe and high quality health services and build the health of our communities – now and into the future.
For further information, download the role description.
Applying for this Role
You are required to submit a one page covering letter, including a short statement in response to the two targeted questions below:
- Outline the interface between capital works, engineering and assets, and the delivery of safe, high quality care.
- In a District undergoing significant change and development, what do you see as the role of the Capital Works & Infrastructure portfolio? What would be your vision and how would you ensure the engagement of your staff and staff across the District in this strategic direction?
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in project and contract management and/or relevant extensive experience in asset management in a complex and multi-site organisation, human resources management, purchasing, financial analysis and administration.
- Working knowledge of risk management and work, health and safety requirements
- Current NSW Driver’s license
This is an ongoing, full time, Band 1, Health Service senior executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $229,065 to $252,119 per annum, with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please contact Amanda Larkin, Chief Executive on 02 8738 6938 should you have any additional questions about the role.
Please click here to apply for the advert through the Health Career Portal (search by job reference number REQ242183).
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- The selection methods for this role are in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013 and employment arrangements for the NSW public sector.
- Applicants must respond to the two targeted questions and submit an up to date resume. For further guidance, refer to Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate their proficiency in the capabilities outlined in the Role Description. These will be assessed through the recruitment process to determine their suitability for appointment. For further information, refer to the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework.
- To be eligible for employment, you must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen;
- A permanent resident of Australia;
- A New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport; or
- A citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia
You can only be offered employment in this role for the duration that your current visa allows you to work in Australia; and you can only be offered ongoing employment if you have a permanent visa that allows you to work in Australia.
- Relevant standard screening checks will be undertaken following interviews e.g. National Police Check, Service Checks, Proof of ID etc.
- Click here for information on NSW Health
Applications close: Sunday 1 August 2021 (11.59pm)