- Provide strategic leadership across the Education cluster to ensure effective resource allocation and best practice financial management
- Ongoing Senior Executive Band 2 role with a remuneration range of $318,601 $354,046
- Based in Parramatta with flexible working options
About the Department
The Department of Education is the largest provider of public education in Australia with responsibility for delivering high-quality public education to two-thirds of the NSW student population.
The department supports learners across NSW from early childhood education through to lifelong learning and supports the delivery of a skilled and employable workforce for NSW through vocational education and training and higher education. For more information about the Department of Education, please visit NSW Department of Education.
About the role
As part of the Department’s Executive team, the CFO provides high level strategic leadership, vision, and direction to ensure the most effective use of resources across the Education cluster in pursuit of improved outcomes for children and lifetime learners.
The CFO leads the finance function to ensure best practice financial governance and financial management across the Department and ensures that all expenditure and procurement is accurately controlled, recorded, and reported.
This critical role will help drive the transformation of the department’s support services and will work closely with schools on the simplification of school budgets. It will lead work to deliver an internal budget process that is easy to understand, timely and with a clear focus on transparent, on-time and on-budget delivery of planned measures.
To learn more about the role, please click here to see the role description.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated extensive experience at a senior level in the management in a large complex organisation
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (minimum of bachelor’s degree) in a financial or accounting discipline, and membership of a recognised professional accounting body
- Knowledge of and commitment to implementing the Department’s Aboriginal Education Policy and upholding the Department’s Partnership Agreement with the NSW AECG and to ensure quality outcomes for Aboriginal people
- Hold or willing to obtain a valid clearance to work with children (Working with Children Check)
How to apply
To apply for this role, please submit an online application by clicking “Apply Online” below. To apply, you will need to attach your resume and cover letter addressing how your experience is aligned to this role.
Enquiries Contact: Anita Stjepic, Manager, Executive Talent via email: [email protected]
Closing date: Sunday, 26th September 2021
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all candidates including people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from all diversity groups, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
- The selection process will include a range of assessment techniques to assist in determining your suitability for the role.
- A recruitment pool may be created through this recruitment process. A recruitment pool is a group of applicants who have been assessed and identified as suitable for this role, and who may be considered for a range of similar roles, including temporary, term or ongoing roles, over the next 18 months.