The Australian Council of Social Service (ACOSS) is the peak body of the community sector in Australia. ACOSS develops and promotes socially and economically responsible public policy for action by government, community and business.
The ACOSS National Conference is the only event of its kind, providing a deep dive into the latest research and developments in social and economic policy with a firm focus on poverty and inequality in Australia.
The 2018 ACOSS National Conference will explore critical issues for social security, taxation, employment and community services policy in Australia. Topics include the role of automated decision making in public administration, welfare conditionality, the impact of migration, race and racism on employment and the funding of essential services into the future.
With an incredible line up of national and international speakers and attended by hundreds of representatives from the public, private and community sectors, the 2018 ACOSS National Conference is not to be missed!
- Virginia Eubanks, Associate Professor Political Science, University of Albany New York
- Professor Peter Dwyer, Professor of Social Policy, University of York
- The Hon. Paul Fletcher MP, Minister for Families and Social Services
- Senator Richard Di Natale, Leader of the Australian Greens
- Simon Longstaff, Executive Director, The Ethics Centre
- The Hon. Gladys Berejiklian, Premier of NSW
- David Ritter, CEO , Greenpeace Australia Pacific
- Edward Santow, Australian Human Rights Commissioner
- James Toomey, CEO, Mission Australia
- Michele O’Neil, President, ACTU
- Cassandra Goldie, CEO, ACOSS
- Michelle Deshong, CEO, Australian Indigenous Governance Institute
- Chris Richardson, Partner, Deloitte Access Economics
- Fadak Alfayadh, Community Lawyer
View complete program and register here.
Ticket Cost: From $590
02 9310 6202
The SMC Conference and Function Centre