Trust in government has been declining in Australia and across the world. It is essential that government organisations cultivate trust to deliver on core organisational responsibilities, and reduce the barriers to political reform that an environment of distrust can create.
The Trust in Government Summit features Public Sector leaders, as well as Major and respected NFPs and community groups, discussing how they are increasing trust.
Held in Canberra from 19th-22nd November, featuring a two day conference and two full day workshops, you’ll hear from Public Sector employees, major media and community stakeholders about what shapes perceptions of government and discuss tactics to enhance trust.
By attending, you will learn how to:
- Understand the driving forces behind the decline of trust in government
- Learn how Public Sector organisations can overcome these challenges
- Understand how to effectively govern in the contemporary political environment
- Ensure responsiveness and openness to stakeholders
- Enhance trust and engagement with your organisation
- Learn best practice in data and information management
- Drive major reform through overcoming the trust deficit
- Increase buy-in with citizens and stakeholders
- Understand changing citizen preferences and how to respond to these changes
We’ve brought together leading speakers from across a multitude of departments, including:
- Tom Rogers, Commissioner, Australian Electoral Commission
- Tony Jones, Host, Q&A
- Mari Kiviniemi, Deputy Secretary-General, OECD
- Tony Stuart, CEO, UNICEF Australia
- Elizabeth Tydd, Commissioner, Information and Privacy Commission
- Michael G. Smith, National President, United Nations Association of Australia
Is this conference right for you? We’ve designed the Trust in Government Summit so that all levels of public sector employees will benefit from attending, but these are the majority of the attendees you’ll meet on the day:
- Heads and Leaders of Government Departments and Agencies
- Heads and Managers of Policy Making
- Directors and Managers of Engagement
- Heads and Managers of Digital and Citizen Experience
- Governance Officers
We hope you can join us at the Trust in Government Summit 2018 – driving trust and ethics through public sector leadership.
Ticket Cost: From $250