Professor Sparrow from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government and former senior British Police Officer will explain the complexity of social regulation, managing compliance, enforcing the law and security in a world that emphasises harm reduction and risk-control.
Develop a clearer understanding of the resources and authorisation needed to run effective risk-control, solve problems and manage compliance operations.
You will discuss current prescriptions for reform, such as customer service and process improvement, considering the regulatory task which values broader public purposes. You will discover how an agency can use innovative compliance tools without being ‘soft’.
What will you learn?
Over five-and-a-half days, Professor Sparrow’s workshop will include guest presentations, case studies and interactive discussion about the issues that challenge regulators.
Managing regulation, enforcement and compliance content will include:
- strategic public management
- defining mission and consequences for operational methods
- pressures for ‘better regulation’
- the risk-based regulator
- risk-control and measuring performance
- managing discretion
- different regulatory structures
- categories of risk and the implications for effective control
- choices and pragmatism in strategy and tactics
- tackling major risks
- implementation issues.
Outstanding teacher and facilitator of learning. Inspirational. Excellent guide through the complexity.
Who should attend?
- Mid-to- senior-level managers in law enforcement, social regulation, security, intelligence and other risk-control roles in government.
Who will lead the course?
- Professor Malcolm K. Sparrow – a leading international expert in regulatory and enforcement strategy, security and risk control.
ANZSOG alumni receive a 15% discount. Every person that completes the Executive Masters of Public Administration, Executive Fellows Program, Towards Strategic Leadership or an international program becomes part of our alumni.
Ticket Cost: $7,000 (inc. GST)
Executive Education team
+61 3 8344 1984
Capri by Fraser