Are you keen to develop the ability to deliver cut-through messages that convince people to act as a highly prized attribute? This workshop will help improve your ability to make things happen.
In this one-day course, Dr Zina O’Leary will share the best practice communication and presentation strategies to help you to motivate an audience to action. The program involves discussion, small group work, and individual practice in developing and delivering presentations.
You will learn the importance of understanding audience and their needs, knowing your own objective at the start, and finding the right balance of data and story. You will also develop the ability to draw on your own unique attributes to deliver persuasive arguments with a convincing presence. This workshop will help you discover how to create a credible evidence-driven story that takes the audience on a journey, using language that motivates action.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- clearly articulate the reaction and action they want from their audience
- analyse and understand your target audience
- develop an authentic and effective presentation style
- seamlessly integrate data and story.
What will you learn?
- the purpose of communication in an information age
- the key elements of effective communication
- how to understand, target and manage your audience
- how to develop presence
- the effective use of data
- the power of interweaving evidence and narrative.
Who should register?
This program is relevant to a wide range of roles. Anyone who needs to deliver verbal presentations or present ideas in meetings to make an impact and to influence people will benefit from attending.
Who will lead the course?
Dr Zina O’Leary – Sociologist and social psychologist with expertise in impactful communication and applied research methodologies.
ANZSOG is a global leader in education and government-focused research relevant to the public sector.
Ticket Cost: $1,075 (inc. GST)
Executive Education team
+61 3 8344 1984
Melbourne Business School