ANZSOG’s Towards Strategic Leadership Program (TSL) is a unique two-week program that helps public service leaders develop the qualities needed to thrive in a senior executive role: a strategic outlook, political astuteness, personal resilience and the capacity to reflect and learn continuously.
TSL is designed to provide participants with a defined sense of purpose, a stronger sense of self and the ability to recognise and manage urgent and important tasks within their department and the larger public administration setting.
TSL is not your average leadership program – it combines non-traditional learning methods, such as extensive individual and group-based reflection and real-world case studies, with experiential learning and critical thinking.
The entire program is run under Chatham House Rule.
What will you learn?
- At the end of the program, participants will have:
- Explored their leadership influences and identified their appetite for strategic leadership roles
- Developed critical and reflective skills to clarify personal values and support their own and others’ development as leaders
- Gained insight into the systemic dynamics, which underpin strategic leadership
- Become more resilient and adaptive in the face of pressure and conflict
- Critically evaluated theories and concepts of leading change and innovation in public sector setting
- Built their capacity to tackle ‘wicked’ problems
- Built new relationships with fellow participants who come from a range of levels and sectors across Australia and New Zealand
Who should attend?
TSL is designed to help public sector leaders prepare for executive roles. It’s the ideal program for those who may be on a path to, or have recently undertaken, senior executive leadership responsibilities.
Who will lead the course?
Paul ‘t Hart – Professor of Public Administration at Utrecht University and Associate Dean of the Netherlands School of Public Administration in The Hague.
Robbie Macpherson – Managing Director of Adaptable Leadership and Principal at Reos Partners
The Australia and New Zealand School of Government (ANZSOG) is a global leader in education and government-focused research relevant to the public sector.
Ticket Cost: Download the Towards Strategic Leadership form for more information on cost
Executive Education team
+61 3 8344 1984
Module 1: Adelaide (TBC) Module 2: Brisbane (TBC)