Looking outside traditional leadership models, Dr Christine Nixon and Professor Amanda Sinclair aim to empower women to be role models for humane and people-centred leadership. Participants will learn from each other as well as experienced practitioners about leading change and upholding public sector values.
This workshop aims to expand approaches to influencing and mobilising people, and identify practical steps to deal with leadership challenges. While developing effectiveness and broadening your leadership repertoire, you will also be exposed to a lifelong network of likeminded public servants, opening doors for future collaboration.
What will you learn?
Over three days, Dr Nixon and Professor Sinclair will guide participants through the broad strategic levels of leadership and mobilising organisations, to managing groups, finishing on the personal dimensions of leadership roles.
Women leading the public sector modules will include:
- strategies for reforming organisations and leading change
- overcoming common leadership challenges
- leadership during difficult times and crisis management
- tactics to build power and influence others
- how to get new initiatives on the agenda
- working effectively in groups to solve challenges and mobilise change
- understanding group processes and how to intervene to achieve goals
- what distinguishes good managers and modelling effective management
- cultivating presence and capacity to influence
- mitigating the personal and professional risks
- dealing with unconscious bias
- practicing mindfulness to build resilience
- setting goals and creating and modelling sustainable practices
Who should register?
- Middle-to-senior level female managers in the public sector
Who will lead the course?
- Dr Christine Nixon – As Monash University Deputy Chancellor and former Victorian Police Commissioner, Dr Nixon has a wealth of experience in leadership positions.
- Professor Amanda Sinclair – author, researcher, teacher and consultant in the areas of leadership, change, gender and diversity. Professor Sinclair is currently a Professorial Fellow at Melbourne Business School, University of Melbourne.
Ticket Cost: $4,250 (inc. GST)
Executive Education team
+61 3 8344 1984