Enabling Digital Services in Australian Public Sector
Governments across Australia are grappling with the challenges of digital transformation. More than an extension of the “doing more with less” cost-cutting approach of the recent past, there is a drive to use technology to undertake the business of government in different way.
In a recent Ovum Government survey, almost half (42%) of the respondents regard digital as a fundamentally different way to service citizens, while the other half (40%) see it as an umbrella term for new SMAC (social, mobile, analytics, and cloud) technologies. The implication here is that seeing digital transformation as essentially a technology function misses potential business process improvement benefits and increases the chances of disillusionment.
This event aims to provide guidance in meeting some of the challenges in leading digital agendas and strategies within Government.
Theme for 2019
The theme for 2019 series is “Enabling Digital Services in the Australian Public Sector” covering the two main topics:
Digital transformation – Mind the gap!
With digital initiatives now widespread, some enterprises are encountering practical challenges in managing the gap between expectations vs reality. This presentation will take a close look on how enterprises are bridging the gap.
Successful partnering strategies with suppliers
- How partnering arrangements need to differ for digital initiatives
Enabling and leading edge technologies
- Examples Cloud, Mobile, Blockchain, AI
- How are they being used successfully to drive change
- Building internal support for change
- Managing expectations
The keys to unlocking digital services
Implementing digital services requires far more than skin-deep changes. While technology is the basis for delivering digital services, cultural and process change are equally critical in delivering the benefits of the digital era.
- Public sector progress toward delivering next generation technology platforms
- Realigning IT to the demands of the digital era
- Using the tools of the digital era to help manage changing risk profiles
- Insight from data has never been more critical to institutional success
- Adaptable strategy underpins success in a dynamic environment
- IT is a catalyst for business transformation
This Australian Public Sector Series is organized as high-level peer discussion for senior practitioners in Australia. Discussions centre around technology and business topics identified in collaboration with delegates of high-level decision makers from public sector.
This event will provide the Australian public sector with essential guidance from Ovum’s latest public sector research and create an opportunity for much-needed discussion and sharing of ideas among Australian decision-makers. The features of this mini-series are as follows:
- Research-based findings and discussions from senior staff of Ovum’s public sector practice
- Complimentary and exclusive by-invitation for Ovum’s public sector clients/ research subscribers
- Tickets are priced at A$199 for all other public sector delegates
- Closed door sessions covering current issues faced by technology decision-makers
- An informal setting to encourage candid discussions and facilitate business opportunities
Ticket Cost: $199
+61 (2) 8705 6970
The Westin Sydney