As youth suicide rates continue rising at an alarming rate in Australia, particularly in Indigenous communities, we have convened this policy, health and community sector-focused conference on the critical challenge of preventing youth suicide in Australia.
There are many complex challenges faced by young people in Australia and lowering levels of youth suicide will take a coordinated evidence-based multi-stakeholder approach. The Australian Youth Suicide Prevention Summit, taking place on 12th – 15th November in Melbourne will connect the diverse range of workers throughout the country tackling this important issue to learn from one another and further develop a national approach to youth suicide prevention together.
Topics to be explored will include:
- Latest developments in evidence-based suicide prevention
- Strong case examples of multi-stakeholder approaches to suicide prevention
- Improving coordinated responses to suicide crisis at postvention stage
- Policy & public health led approaches to youth suicide prevention
- Youth mental health promotion & early intervention in schools & education institutions
- Empowering Aboriginal-led approaches to suicide prevention in Indigenous communities
Who will attend?
Key stakeholders involved in youth mental health and suicide prevention from:
- Hospitals & Local Health Districts
- Primary Health Networks
- Federal, State & Local Government
- Community Mental Health Providers
- Allied Psychological Services
- Schools & Tertiary Education Providers
- NGOs in Mental Health, Suicide Prevention, NDIS & Youth Services
- First Responders
- Leading Youth Mental Health & Suicide Prevention Research Groups
- Peak Bodies, Associations & Advocacy Groups
If you or someone you care about is in crisis and you think immediate action is needed, please call emergency services on 000.
If you are feeling distressed, contact:
Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
Lifeline 13 11 14
Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
Ticket Cost: From $800
For more information or assistance, please contact our team
1300 316 882