Good leaders are made not born, and the best leaders go beyond management expertise and bring their authentic selves into their leadership.
Dr Dana Born’s two-day online workshop will show you how to build your leadership abilities throughout your lifetime and help you take control of your career.
You will learn to shift your leadership focus from “I” to ‘we”, use your own personal story to shape your leadership style and discover that authentic leadership is about leading by example and empowering others.
Dr Born – a lecturer in public policy at the Harvard Kennedy School and distinguished former military leader – will help you understand your personal story, how to find your leadership purpose and how to lead effectively.
This ANZSOG virtual program will provide you with ideas, techniques and tools to grow your self-awareness, develop a ‘learning mindset’ and assist you in your leadership development journey.
What is holding you back from reaching your distinctive leadership potential?
“Fantastic timing considering I am at a point of transition in my career. Fantastic food for thought, new perspectives and a chance to speak my inner voice.”
– Former workshop participant
What will you learn?
Over two days, Dr Born will guide you through case studies, individual exercises, debates and small-group discussions. You will create a leadership purpose statement to launch your own “true north” development plan.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- have reflected on your leadership journey and the crucibles that have shaped you by examining your life story and experiences
- understand why leaders lose their way and the self-awareness needed to avoid this
- have explored how to build support teams and lead an integrated life
- understand the purpose of your leadership and empower other leaders, while optimising your own leadership effectiveness.
Who should attend?
- Mid-to-senior-level managers in the public and not-for-profit sectors who are interested in their own leadership development and the leadership development of others. Anyone who is interested in using this transformative time to examine and rethink their leadership.
Who will lead the course?
Dr Dana H. Born – Faculty Co-Director for the Center for Public Leadership, Faculty Chair for Senior Executive Fellows Program, and Lecturer in Public Policy at the Harvard Kennedy School (HKS), as well as a retired Brigadier General with 30 years of service in the United States Air Force. Read Dr Born’s biography.
ANZSOG alumni receive a 15% discount. Every person that completes the Executive Masters of Public Administration, Executive Fellows Program, Towards Strategic Leadership or an international program becomes part of our alumni.
The Australia and New Zealand School of Government (ANZSOG) is a global leader in education and government-focused research relevant to the public sector.
ANZSOG was created in 2002 by government, for government, with the active collaboration of our partner universities.
Ticket Cost: $1,700 (inc. GST)
Executive Education team
+61 3 8344 1984