ANZSOG’s Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA) degree produces confident, critical thinking public sector leaders with the skills required to manage complex challenges, take the next step in their careers and deliver value to the communities they serve.
Since 2003, more than 70 EMPA students have gone on to hold roles as CEOs or Secretaries (equivalents) after completing the program.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The EMPA explores the core principles of public sector management, including public value and systems thinking, in an inspiring blended learning environment. It will help you develop the strategic leadership capabilities you need to contribute at the highest levels of the public sector.
You will also build an invaluable toolkit encompassing strategic thinking, public policy design, evidence-based decision-making, change management and more.
On completing this degree you will:
- understand the trends shaping the public sector and what they mean for contemporary leaders
- understand the theory and practice of strategic thinking and value creation in the public sector
- appreciate the importance of ethics, values and the role of technology in relation to value creation
- appreciate what actions you can take to promote excellence in organisational processes and attention to detail in the delivery of client services
- apply an economic toolkit to public service delivery and pricing decisions
- analyse problems and seek solutions in a setting governed by public law and other rules of public administration
- understand the role of evidence in guiding complex decision making
- bring a future-oriented, investment perspective to policy and program design work
- recognise the major concepts that underpin contemporary public sector financial management processes
- undertake ethical primary research and build your strategic capability in diagnosing, instigating or adapting to change in the public sector.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The EMPA degree is designed to meet the needs of ambitious and emerging public sector leaders operating at the state, territory or national level in Australia or at the local or national level in New Zealand. The degree best serves those already exhibiting high potential as leaders
WHO WILL LEAD THE PROGRAM?
Our faculty includes leading national and international academics who are experts in the disciplines of public sector leadership, management and policy. We also draw on the expertise of practitioners from the public sector, not-for-profit and private sectors, because we know today’s managers must be able to work across sectors. Click here for a full list.
Ticket Cost: Please contact the Program Team for fee information