The Perth USAsia Centre is pleased to invite you to our fifth annual Japan Symposium 2022: A new era in Australia-Japan security cooperation, hosted in partnership with the Japanese Consulate in Perth.
Recent trends in the regional operating system are posing challenges to Japan and Australia’s shared security interests and promoting Indo-Pacific security and stability will require additional attention and collaboration between the two countries.
With a longstanding relationship underpinned by deep institutional ties, including the recent historic signing of a Reciprocal Access Agreement, Japan and Australia share a commitment to a special strategic partnership.
Join us for this important event to discuss opportunities for Australia and Japan to forge a new era in Australia-Japan security cooperation to respond to the changing strategic environment.
- Ambassador Yamagami Shingo, Ambassador of Japan to Australia
- Major General Natasha Fox AM, CSC, Deputy Chief of Army
- Ambassador Jan Adams, Australian Ambassador to Japan
- Richard Court AC, Former Australian Ambassador to Japan
- Hayley Channer, Senior Policy Fellow, Perth USAsia Centre
This public event is free to attend, though registration is essential.
Perth USAsia Centre
Online and in-person