The ability to deliver messages that cut-through and convince people to act, whether in person or online, is a highly prized attribute. Yet developing an authentic and persuasive communication style is not a given. In fact, in our drive to be professional, we often mask our individuality and obscure our authenticity.
In this engaging, live online workshop, held over two mornings, Dr Zina O’Leary will help you find your authentic style and share best practice communication strategies to make you more impactful and influential. She will get to the core of what blocks you from communicating at your best by tackling your fears and challenging you to tap into your strengths – particularly at times when your default might be to withdraw, avoid or disengage.
The workshop will cover communications in a variety of forums, including the online environment we are currently adapting to due to COVID-19. The workshop incorporates discussion, small group work, and individual practice/coaching in developing and delivering presentations.
What will you learn?
On completion, you will be able to:
- identify the key elements of effective communication
- think and communicate with purpose, clarity and focus
- use body, voice and language for maximum impact
- communicate with impact online
- manage difficult communication without becoming defensive or aggressive
- develop a stronger language of leadership
- know how to own your space and become more resilient.
The Australia and New Zealand School of Government (ANZSOG) is a global leader in education and government-focused research relevant to the public sector.
ANZSOG was created in 2002 by government, for government, with the active collaboration of our partner universities.
Ticket Cost: $800 incGST