Early bird registration is now open for the 12th National Investigations Symposium (NIS), at the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney.
Early bird tickets are available until Friday 24 August 2018.
Standard tickets are $1,450. Registrations close Wednesday 31 October 2018.
Day Rate: $799.
Tuesday 13 November 2018 – pre-conference workshops. Half Day: $350. Full Day: $500.
The two-day symposium is an opportunity for investigators, internal auditors, lawyers, public sector managers, police officers and complaint-handlers, from all tiers of the public sector, to increase their investigative knowledge and skills. The NIS is also an ideal networking opportunity for delegates to foster new contacts and maintain existing ones.
The NIS is a joint initiative of the NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption, the NSW Ombudsman and the Institute of Public Administration Australia NSW.
The preliminary 2018 program includes local and international experts and practitioners.
The two days are arranged across four concurrent streams on topics such as forensics and technology, challenging investigations, complaint-handling, investigations involving vulnerable people and whistleblowing.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
• Mark Antill, Australian Border Force Commander
• Michael Barnes, NSW Ombudsman
• Professor Penny Cooper, Professor of Law (University of London) and Barrister (39 Essex Chambers London)
• Dr Rebecca Denning, Director, Applied Research and Evaluation, Crime and Corruption Commission, Queensland
• J Paul Dubé, Ontario Ombudsman, Canada
• Michael Easton, Manager Operations, Integrity Commission Tasmania
• Debra Glass OBE, Victoria Ombudsman
• Valerie Griswold, Executive Director Compliance and Enforcement, NSW Fair Trading
• The Hon Peter Hall QC, Chief Commissioner, NSW ICAC
• Graeme Head, NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commissioner
• Karen James, The University of Sydney
• Rae Lamb, Commissioner, Aged Care Complaints Commission
• Benoit Leclerc, Associate Professor, Griffith University
• Patricia McDonald SC, Commissioner, NSW ICAC
• Kenneth Moroney AO APM MA, former NSW Police Commissioner
• Michael Macaulay, Professor, University of Victoria, New Zealand
• Professor John McMillan, former NSW Ombudsman and Commonwealth Ombudsman
• Dr Jamie Orchard, National Director, Legal Services, Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
• Nicholas Rowley, Associate Professor University of Sydney
• David Sordello, Team Leader Investigations, Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission, Victoria
• Chris Wheeler, Deputy Ombudsman, NSW Ombudsman
• Detective Chief Inspector Peter Yeomans, NSW Police Force.
Ticket Cost: $1,199 before August 24; $1,450 full price; $799 day rate.
IPAA NSW Division
02 8223 8418
Four Seasons Hotel