Measuring the impact of government policies and programs is critical to maximising results for citizens. In order to achieve this, government departments and agencies that were once focused on outputs are undertaking a much needed transformation to become outcomes focused.
While it is clear that outcomes based approaches are essential in ensuring the public sector effectively serves its citizens and achieves the desired impact, there are many challenges to successfully transitioning to this new way of working.
As a significant paradigm shift it requires reorganisation, cross-functional teamwork, and changes to planning, reporting & measurement. Pressure to establish these systems is on, with the NSW State Budget now based on outcomes, an outcomes reform agenda rolling out in Victoria and other jurisdictions likely to follow.
The Planning, Measuring and Strengthening Outcomes Based Approaches in Government conference will bring together leaders from across the public sector to identify practical strategies and discuss best practice approaches to develop a strong and successful outcomes focus, reimagining the way the public sector serves our citizens effectively and efficiently.
You will learn
- Case studies from leading departments and agencies who are implementing outcomes based approaches
- Tools and strategies for outcomes planning, measuring and reporting
- Learnings on how to grow an outcomes focused culture in your organisation
- Strategies for leadership and governance to get buy-in and drive outcomes
- Skills to manage outcomes based approaches that prioritise citizens interests
- Ideas to improve outcomes by effectively using data and evidence
Click here to download the event program.
Hear from a terrific lineup of speakers including
- San Midha, Deputy Secretary Agency, Budget and Policy Group, NSW Treasury
- Louisa McKay, Executive Director Community Services, YMCA
- Michelle Sloane, Executive Director Strategy, Department of Industry, NSW
- Anna Needs, Principal Implementation Officer, Department of Premier and Cabinet, NS
Click here to download the full event program and see the full speaker lineup.
Who will attend?
Directors, department heads, managers, executives and advisors of federal and state departments and agencies with responsibilities for:
- Corporate Planning
- Policy and Strategy
For more information, visit the website or contact our customer service team at 02 9239 5701.
Ticket Cost: From $2,499. Early bird discounts available
02 9239 5700