What will the world look like in 2029? Will you and your organisation be well-placed to survive and thrive in it? How can you get in front of the massive changes that are remaking how governments and companies interact with service users?
As public sector and NGO leaders, we are often trapped in timeframes of 3 – 5 years because of political cycles, or budget cycles, or simply because thinking 10-20 years out feels too complex and too uncertain.
But some challenges can’t be solved in shorter timeframes – they are complex, intergenerational, and need sustained focus. How do we foresee what’s over the horizon, and lead a meaningful response?
Strategic Worldbuilding for Government brings together leading digital futurist Darren Menachemson with story-telling expert and leading Science Fiction author Mairanne de Pierres to run a unique two-day Executive Education course in ThinkPlace’s Canberra Design Studio.
You will learn:
- The major societal, technology and environmental trends that will shape the next two decades of government.
- The mindset and skills used by authors and screenwriters to worldbuild –develop complex, textured future contexts, within which new ideas and challenges can be investigated.
- Transition Design theory and techniques – an emerging field of systems design – to design long-tail policy, regulatory and service initiatives for a society in motion.
- To develop your strategic plan and investment processes within a long-term framing, using the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- To sustainably embed this order of thinking into your organisation’s mindset and culture.
- Senior executive or manager in a government organisation
- Senior executive or manager in a Transnational Governance Organisation (e.g. UN, OECD)
2 days (9am-5pm)
Ticket Cost: From $1900* CIPI member price
ThinkPlace Design Studio