Learn what ‘risk-based’ practice entails in enforcement, regulation and compliance management with Professor Malcolm Sparrow, from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.
Professor Sparrow will guide you through contemporary developments in risk-based regulation. You will become better equipped to design regulatory strategies informed by recent developments in the field. You will also be better able to match different classes of risk with different regulatory structures and strategies.
This online workshop features a mix of lectures, practical examples and interactive discussion. You will examine emerging trends across the regulatory landscape and be able to clarify your agency’s needs and aspirations, and identify opportunities to refine structures, strategies and tactics.
“Excellent, Malcolm is very good at breaking down difficult concepts and presenting them in a simple and relevant way.”
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- have a better understanding of the nature of “risk-based” operations in regulatory, law enforcement and other risk control settings
- know how success should be defined and measured in a risk-control setting
- be aware of the challenges of implementing a risk-based approach.
“Very engaging with a practical focus – I can use almost everything I learned in my work.”
Who should attend?
- Mid-to-senior-level managers in law enforcement, social regulation, security, intelligence and other risk-control roles in government. The modern regulator is designed for people who have not attended ANZSOG’s week-long Managing regulation, enforcement and compliance program, but who are keen to sample its themes.
Who will lead the course?
- Professor Malcolm K. Sparrow – a leading international expert in regulatory and enforcement strategy, security and risk control. Read Professor Sparrow’s biography.
ANZSOG alumni receive a 15% discount. Every person that completes the Executive Masters of Public Administration, Executive Fellows Program, Towards Strategic Leadership or an international program becomes part of our alumni.
The Australia and New Zealand School of Government (ANZSOG) is a global leader in education and government-focused research relevant to the public sector.
ANZSOG was created in 2002 by government, for government, with the active collaboration of our partner universities.
Ticket Cost: $1,055 (inc. GST)
Executive Education team
+61 3 8344 1984