A two-day executive masterclass from The Mandarin – learn how to navigate the high-pressure stakes of complex projects and competing interests.
Infrastructure initiatives – especially public ones – are large and complex, requiring robust leadership and management. With a particular focus on risk and performance, this two-day Mandarin masterclass will provide you with the key skills and capabilities necessary to guide such projects.
Learn about the substantial capability gaps across the public sector in delivering on major infrastructure projects, by focusing on:
- Business model formulation for infrastructure
- Infrastructure Project management: the good, bad and ugly
- Leadership and team effectiveness in infrastructure development: workshop
- Stakeholder management in large public projects
- Knowing and managing project risks
- Innovation and new technology (includes digitalisation)
- Project choice and design: decision criteria and benefit/cost/ risk analysis
- Sustainable development in large projects
- Creating and sustaining an excellent project delivery organisation.
Who should participate?
- Leaders, managers and project officers from the public sector who interface with or manage infrastructure projects, from both central and delivery agencies.
- Members of building, construction, transport, energy, urban planning and other companies who work to design and deliver infrastructure initiatives.
What are the benefits for participants and their employers?
Participants will improve their knowledge of and capacity to contribute to infrastructure projects, as effective leaders and managers. The programme has been designed from a series of frameworks and tools, which will be delivered by Professor Samson, balanced with case studies presented by experienced professional practitioners. By completing this masterclass, the quality of public infrastructure projects can be expected to increase through the improved capability and influence that participants will be able to bring to bear.
About the program leader
Danny Samson is Professor of Management at the University of Melbourne in the Department of Management, Faculty of Economics and Commerce, and Director of the Foundation for Sustainable Economic Development there. Some of his areas of expertise include project management, managing large and risky projects, and decision-making under uncertain conditions.
His work history includes being an engineer at ICI Australia, appointment as a lecturer at the Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM) at the University of New South Wales, five years as an Assistant Professor of Business Administration at the University of Illinois and over 10 years as the Professor of Manufacturing Management at the Melbourne Business School, University of Melbourne.
Ticket Cost: From $1750