What does it take to build a culture of openness; to become open by design?
Join us for this 40min webcast where our panel of experts explore recent developments in open government in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom; and how the digital shift is driving demand and opportunities for openness.
Key topics to be discussed include:
- What has changed: The relationship between digital government and open government; how digital is driving public expectations for transparency and data rights.
- What hasn’t changed: Are agencies still struggling to put principles into practice? Why isn’t openness already part of business-as-usual?
- Taking a human-centred approach: Understanding the people involved in openness, as the key to change. Interviews with agencies and councils; citizen perspectives through Right To Know.
- What’s going to change: Results from the Culture & Capability Survey and how agencies and councils can get involved in the research project
Your panel of experts:
- Amelia Loye, Founder and Managing Director, engage2
- Ben Fairless, OpenAustralia Foundation
- Sonya Sherman, Director Industry Solutions, Objective Corporation
- Antony Bauer, Product Marketing Manager, Objective Corporation
Open By Design – In Search of a catalyst for openness, a research project
This research project takes a human-centred approach, to understand the needs of different personas involved in openness activities, particularly information release. It considers the way people think and feel about openness and how this impacts their behaviour. Click here to download the “Open By Design” insight paper.
Government departments and agencies, local government authorities and councils are invited to participate in this research with a quick 10 minutes “Culture and Capability Survey”. Your data will remain strictly confidential and will never be shared without your consent. The aggregated results will be presented at the live webcast. Click here to find out more.