Website Defence Housing Australia
As chief legal counsel, you are responsible for leading DHA’s corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives. The general counsel provides senior management with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation, manages the legal function, and obtains and oversees the work of external counsel. The general counsel is directly involved in complex business transactions, negotiating critical contracts and other high-risk matters.
You will have broad commercial legal experience, including litigation, and knowledge and understanding of dealing with regulatory bodies. You will be familiar with corporate control and risk and a familiarity with constitutional, administrative and privacy law.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- excellent communication skills and be able to negotiate persuasively;
- the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- a demonstrated ability to shape strategic thinking and achieve results;
- experience working on matters of corporate governance and with a board of directors;
- an understanding of constitutional law involving Commonwealth and State matters;
- experience managing lawyers, building in house capability and experience with cost-effective management of external legal resources;
- experience in directing strategy and managing litigation cases;
- knowledge of State based residential tenancy laws and Commonwealth Government Business Enterprise Guidelines; and
- strong leadership and problem-solving skills/analysis and exemplify personal drive and integrity.
Job number for this is 1122KW.
To apply for this job please visit www.executiveintelligencegroup.com.au.