Website Office of the Crown Solicitor
Please note this position closed on Sunday 21 October 2018 at 11.55pm
Period of Appointment
Fixed term for a period of five (5) years
The Tasmanian State Service values and encourages diversity at all levels of employment, and flexible and contemporary working arrangements are offered to support this.
- To act as the legal representative for and on behalf of the State and its instrumentalities in complex, novel, critical and routine construction projects, matters related to the delivery and maintenance of infrastructure, and development projects.
- To undertake negotiations and consultation relevant to the work performed.
- To undertake independent drafting of complex, novel, critical and routine legal documentation (including tender documentation) related to construction projects, the delivery and maintenance of infrastructure, and development projects.
- To provide legal advice on complex, novel and critical construction projects, matters related to the delivery and maintenance of infrastructure, and developments projects, to the State and its instrumentalities.
- To assist generally with the work of the Office of the Crown Solicitor.
- To ensure the achievement of corporate and divisional goals through planning, organising, directing and controlling resources; actively participating in performance management activities and fostering a feedback culture; and contributing to the development and implementation of policy relevant to the Office.
- Admitted or eligible for admission as a Barrister or Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Tasmania.
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
- Pre-employment checks
- Arson and fire setting
- Violent crimes and crimes against the person
- Sex-related offences
- Drug and alcohol related offences
- Crimes involving dishonesty
- Crimes involving deception
- Making false declarations
- Malicious damage and destruction to property
- Serious traffic offences
- Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
- Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
- Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
How to apply
To apply, please provide a copy of your CV with two referees and a one page summary outlining why you are the best person for the job. Please note that the Senior Executive Leadership Capability Framework applies to the role. View more information about the framework on the link below.
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
To apply for this job email your details to AlanMorgan0361653650oralan.email@example.com